Dear Sunset Ridge Resident,
You may have noticed that there has been little activity on the siphon installation project. We now have information to provide you with an update and some changes to the schedule and the plan.
As a part of our due diligence process to begin the directional drilling, our contractor reassessed the drilling alignment for the siphon on the east side and determined a realignment was required. The redesign work caused the project delays. The new schedule and design have been submitted to the Town for approval.
A positive result of these unforeseen delays is that we anticipate completing the 24-hour drilling portion of the construction on a tighter overall drilling timeline than expected (24 days).
Below is the expected timeline for the project (weather and conditions dependent).
• Construction of Access Routes and Site Preparation – Final construction – May 10 – 13
• Sound attenuation installation – May 12 – 14
• 24 Hour, 7 Days/Week Direction Drilling – begins the week of May 16 (expected to last 24 days)
• Siphon Tie-in and Construction Completion – June 8 – 18
• Rehabilitation of Areas to Natural State – May 30 – June 24
• Trail Closures – Ongoing – Limited reopening of trails will take place after siphon work is completed.
• Other Work – Grading will occur on the east side for future development of The Pinnacle community, and erosion control measures will remain in place until development occurs.
Please visit https://liveinsunsetridge.ca/construction for project updates.
If you have any questions or concerns about the project or area land development, please contact Ruth Price, Project Coordinator, Melcor Developments at 403-270-1288 or email email@example.com.
If you have any concerns about operations at the worksites, please contact Volker Stevin at 403-816-7831.
Melcor Development Ltd.